How to Make a Squishy with a Sponge – Squishy is an object made of very soft sponge. It will shrink when you press, then back to original shape.
Mostly, squishy is sold in the form of keychains, be it for cellphones or bags. Squishy comes in a variety of forms, but all of them are equally cute and adorable. The shapes start from ice cream, mini dolls, fruits, animals, food, or cartoon characters.
This toy is perfect for children and adults, especially when they’re upset or in a bad mood. In fact, squishy is considered to relieve stress.
Apart from that, believe me, playing squishy is so much fun. Even you can play with your kids, plus, make them more creative.
If you want to make it at home, below is how to make a squishy with a sponge.
How to Make a Squishy with a Sponge
You need to prepare:
- Sponge for washing dishes or makeup
- Glue (you can use silicone or acrylic glue)
- Puffy paint
The steps are:
- Start thinking about the design you want to make. Then cut the sponge according to the design you want.
- To form a character, you can use the rest of the sponge pieces for certain parts. Use glue to hold them together. Wait for the glue to dry.
- Color the sponge as you want. Make sure the sponge is clean and dry.
- If you want to make it as a keychain, you can punch holes in the squishy for a keychain ring holder. Use glue to make it more permanent.
How to make a squishy with a sponge is easy and cheap. You can make it with your child during family time, or you can play alone to improve your mood.
Related Post: How to Make a Beautiful Lemon Candle